ROCKS IN MY GARDEN

This is our family garden blog, where we share our trials and errors as well as our successes with friends and family.
Yes, the picture of the lizard is one I took, see the butterfly wings sticking out of his mouth?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gardener's Hands




The most important tool in your garden is YOU.  Just as sharpening your ax is important, so is taking care of yourself.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.  Abraham Lincoln


Your hands are one of your most important tools.  Taking good care of your hands is just as important as sharpening, oiling, and repairing your garden tools.  I have ran across a few resources to help you prepare your hands for gardening season and wanted to share them with you.

Gardeners Hands 101
Gardeners Lotion Bar
Gardeners Hand Creme


I will be doing a post very soon on caring for your tools, stay tuned.

1 comments:

Erin January 27, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

My husband takes that quote very seriously, LOL! Every year I vow not to get "gardener's hands", you know, the cracked, raw, permanently stained black on the weed pulling fingers... but even though I stock up on Cornhuskers, Lanolin, gloves, etc I can't seem to keep it up! Maybe this year...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vegetable Gardener

NEW from GardenGirlTV

Green Living TV

FDA Recalls

Food Alerts Widget. Flash Player 9 is required.
Food Safety Widget.
Flash Player 9 is required.
-->

Green Living Podcast

Garden Tools

Google

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP