ROCKS IN MY GARDEN

This is our family garden blog, where we share our trials and errors as well as our successes with friends and family.
Yes, the picture of the lizard is one I took, see the butterfly wings sticking out of his mouth?

Sunday, May 24, 2009

To salt or not to salt

My mint, before slugs and salt. All that rain we had here in NE Texas brought out the slugs. I had heard that salt would help so I got out the salt and salted around the plants. But then, (yep one of my briliant ideas) I thought what good does it do to salt around the plant if the slugs are already on the plant. So I just sprinkled some in the areas affected. BIG MISTAKE.
My Spearming, Choclate Mint & Pineapple Sage... AAAKKKK.
No fear, it is coming back WHEW!!!
What did I do to get rid of those slugs, I had to do something right away, I mean they were eating my garlic too. I put 2 tuna cans & 1 small margerine tub in the ground, poured some beer in, and those little buggers ran to it. They like the yeast apparently, they drink it, fall in and cannot get out. I did have to re-plant my Petunias, and lost some Merrigolds, but at least my herbs were salvaged.

3 comments:

Marni May 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

WOW Gal! You have been working hard! I still can't get dh to till up a small patch. Your herb beds looks great!

carolineAlexander December 25, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

That is a great tip. I never knew that would work. Stopping by from SITS to say HI.

Jennifer

Karen M. Peterson December 29, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

I would probably have done the same thing! Thanks for sharing how NOT to salt the garden!

Stopping in from SITS. Hope you had a great holiday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vegetable Gardener

NEW from GardenGirlTV

Green Living TV

FDA Recalls

Food Alerts Widget. Flash Player 9 is required.
Food Safety Widget.
Flash Player 9 is required.
-->

Green Living Podcast

Garden Tools

Google

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP